Click on the link below to register for try-outs. $10 Try-out registration fee is required.
For more information about Lancaster FC USL Academy: Click Here
Foundation Fields - 2254 Bassett Dr. Lancaster, PA
Weaver Fields - 2883 Weaver Rd. Lancaster, PA
Lancaster Elite Fee Schedule for 2023/2024 season:
U9/U10– $690 1 Fall Tournament and our Lancaster Summer Classic, Fall/Spring Season, Winter Training)
U11/U12– $950 to $1,225 (2 Tournaments and our Lancaster Summer Classic, Fall/Spring Season, Winter Training)
U13 – U15– $1,050 to $1,300 (2 Tournaments plus our Lancaster Summer Classic, Fall/Spring Season (Possible Premiere), Winter Training)
U16+– $1,000 to $1,300 (2 Tournaments plus our Lancaster Summer Classic, Winter Training and Spring Season/Tournaments)
There is a non-refundable commitment fee of $150.00 included in your fees.
We offer family friendly payment plans.
Age Groups (birth year)
U9 – 2015// U10 – 2014 // U11 – 2013 // U12 – 2012 // U13 – 2011 // U14 – 2010 // U15 – 2009 // U16 – 2008 // U17 – 2007 // U18 – 2006 // U19-2005
Thank you for your interest in trying out for Lancaster Elite! We are a community-proud soccer program competing on a state-wide platform. Our tryout and selection process is designed ensure that all players receive a fair opportunity to be selected for an Elite team.
Player eligibility for Lancaster Elite teams is determined by birth year. Players who will turn 7 or 8 during the year that tryouts are held may try out for the U9 Lancaster Elite teams.
U9/U10 – 7v7 (maximum roster of 12 players)
U11/U12 – 9v9 (maximum roster of 16 players)
U13-U19 – 11v11 (maximum roster of 22 players)
Tryouts are held once a year in the spring and consist of two sessions. The results of these tryouts determine the teams for the following consecutive fall, winter, and spring seasons. Players must attend at least one session for evaluation and are strongly encouraged to attend both.
Players will participate in a series of drills, game situations, and small sided team games. The evaluators consist of experienced coaches and trainers. Evaluators’ scores will be calculated and averaged for the most accurate assessment of each player.
Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to start time. Parents/guardians must register the player prior to the first tryout session. Players will be issued a tryout shirt with a unique number and are required to wear that shirt for each session.
Wear cleats and shin guards.
Bring an appropriately sized soccer ball.
Ball control and dribbling skills. Accurate passing of different ranges. Defensive play. Off the ball movement and work. Shooting. Teamwork. Coachability.
* Players will have more success if they prepare in advance through ball touches at home.
** If you are interested in playing goalkeeper, please let the evaluators know upon arrival.
Teams will be formed for each age group as determined by the number of qualified players available. Teams will be chosen based on skill level, fitness, and intangibles like effort and positive attitude. There is no guarantee that a second or third team will be formed. If multiple teams are formed for an age category, the travel selection committee will determine the best team format (equal strength v. graded teams).
Player selection will be determined through a combination of tryout results and coach recommendations. The Lancaster Elite selection committee will work with coaches to determine the roster for the upcoming seasons. Accepted players will be notified as soon as possible after the end of tryouts. Please remember that having previously played for a team does not guarantee a spot on a team for the next season.
Lancaster Elite Play Up Policy
Lancaster Elite believes players U-9 to U-12 develop better at their age appropriate level than at an age level above. U-9 to U-12 Players are required to attend the 1st and 2nd tryout at their age appropriate level and gender. The club recognizes that some talented players may be ready to be considered for the next age level within the club’s competitive team structure. Players between the U13 and U16 Age Group are required to attend the first Tryout within their respective age group. Players between the U13 and U18 Age Group attempting to “play up” may attend the second tryout with the subsequent age group.
Try-outs: The Club Technical Director and Elite Directors will observe the player at the try-outs to determine if he/she is among the prospective starters for the next age level team and one of the strongest players of the age appropriate team. If the athlete is not evaluated as a prospective starter on the next age level team and one of the strongest players of the age appropriate team, then the process ends here. If the athlete is evaluated as a prospective starter on the next age level team and one of the strongest players of the age appropriate team, then the process moves on to the Team Impact Stage.
If the player has reached this stage and has been approved by The Club Technical Director and Elite Directors and has met the expectations required to play on the next age level team. However, the following considerations must still be met for the player to be invited to play on the next age level team:
1. If an under age player will displace a promising age appropriate player, the player will not be approved to play on the next age level team, even if the under aged player is a more skilled soccer player. An age appropriate player that shows promise as a developing soccer player cannot be displaced by the under age player. In this case, the under age player will be invited, and required, to play at their age appropriate level.
2. If by playing up in the next age level the player leaves the age appropriate team without sufficient numbers to field a viable team, the under age player will be invited, and required, to play at their age appropriate level.
(If it is determined that an under age player was approved to play at the next age level, but was ultimately not permitted under either part 1 or 2 of the Team Impact criterion, then the Club will look at the possibility of ‘dual registration.’ Dual registration allows the player to be registered to both teams. It further requires the player to play and practice with the age appropriate team first, but will permit them to play and practice with the next age level team as scheduling permits.)
Lancaster Elite reserves the right to move players when it will be in the best interest of developing the player and to maintain a team at a particular age group. This discretion is NOT bound by any of the guidelines in the Playing Up consideration process. The Club reserves the right to build teams based on, but not limited to, the following considerations:
1. There are some situations where the club will ask a player to play up if it makes the overall numbers for the teams more favorable.
2. An under age player may be asked to play on the next age level team when it is deemed he/she has clearly demonstrated exceptional play on the age appropriate team the previous season.
3. A player may be asked to play up or even down when team continuity becomes threatened. The Club will always attempt to field a team at each age group and keep as many kids playing as possible.
4. In the event there is not a team in a particular age group and a team is formed combining two age groups, the younger players will not be considered “playing up” for that year.
5. If, after try outs, a team is still not full, the team’s coaches may consider younger players for their team ONLY if the age appropriate team is full. These players can only be considered with the approval of the The Club Technical Director and Elite Directors. The following year, all players will be required to try out for their appropriate age group and/or request to try out for the next level age group, following the policy outlined above.
Elite Director, firstname.lastname@example.org